Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And You're Rushing Headlong

I haven't done a meme in a long time, but this one was too fun to pass up. And it weirdly turned out interesting instead of just totally mismatched lines. (Well, mostly.) Wanna try it too? Let me know when you post your results!

Put your music player on shuffle, and write down the first line of the first twenty-one songs. Post the poem that results. The first line of the twenty-second song is the title.

And You’re Rushing Headlong

Flash! Aaaaah!
Ohhh, ohhh, Agnus. Agnus Dei.
Hey old friend, let’s look back,
Dear Celie, oh I love you.

Everytime we say goodbye I die a little.
Hey sister, whatcha gonna do?
A hand above the water, an angel reaching for the sky;
Sometimes I get to thinking I was back in the old days long ago.

When I’m bored, sittin’ in the corner
Wake up in the morning with a head like “What ya done?”
I’d sit alone and watch your light:
Another constellation dies

We can go out dancing;
Sun follows rain.
I’m undecided about you again;
Gotcha!
The nickel dropped when I was on my way beyond the rubicon.

Steve walks warily down the street.
Do you hear that playin’?
It’s getting late, have you seen my mates?
Been workin so hard, I’m punchin’ my card.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com